Tuesday 9 June 2009

Sun 7th - Tues 9th June - Christchurch

Sun 7th June
Didn't really do much today. The weather came in from over the mountains (the 'Southerly' as Pete calls it), so it was overcast. We stayed in and did our puzzle books/played cards (and I played about 5 hours of gameboy - what a loser!)

Mon 8th June
Went into Methven today for lunch. It's a little ski town about 40mins away. It was me, lil, Pete and Julie, as the boys were at school. We ate at 'The Blue Pub' it was lovely food! We had a couple of games of poole too. Then on the way back me and Lil popped into the supermarket as we were cooking dinner, we went for the old reliable Spaghetti Bolognese! Had to cook a diff version for the boys tho as they hate mushrooms and peppers! All turned out alright tho, plates were cleared!


The Blue Pub


My lovely fish and chips! I look really cold tho!




Tuesday 9th June

Today we got up early and headed into Christchurch, about an hours drive. We had a little wander around some shops and then picked up Lil's Grandad and went for lunch. He's staying with family in Christchurch for a week, the house was lovely, all modern and massive! I loved it. After a lovely lunch we dropped Lil's Grandad (John) off and then went on the Gondolas. They take you up the hills surrounding Christchurch to give you a view of the whole city, they're like little enclosed ski lifts for 4 people. Unfortunately by the time we got up to the top the cloud was so low we couldn't see anything! Just White! It was really strange not to be able to adjust your eyes to see anything but all the windows showed solid white! Then we popped into the Westfield shopping centre (A big one just opened in London - it must be a chain), we had a look round and Lil treated us to a Hokey Pokey Ice Cream, lovely!! Then we headed home and I wrote my blog...



Christchurch
Julie's Car

Me and a Pinky Bar!! View from the Gondola


Inside the Gondola


View from the top = cloud!The way back down!!

It's quite cold in the house tonight, but hopefully we'll sleep ok, once we get cozied up we're usually alright! I've got quite bad signal in the house so if you txt me it might be a while for me to reply, just to let u all know! H xx
PS. To Katie: there's a Miley Cyrus song out on the radio here from the Movie we saw, I really like it!hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment